According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), foodborne diseases cause approximately 76 million illnesses, 325,000 hospitalizations, and 5,000 deaths in the US each year.
It is critical that you safeguard your customers and food production business from such incidents. A Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) based approach is the industry standard recommended by the CDC, and the world health organization (WHO) to mitigate such issues and manage food safety.
Cloudtheapp is pleased to introduce a new HAACP module and a complete Food Safety Management System with this in mind.
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is an App that implements the ISO 22000 standard for Food Safety Management. Using this App HACCP teams in your organization can do the following:
1. Establish HACCP plans to study each step within food manufacturing process.
2. For each process step, define associated hazards of different types [(P) Physical, (B) Biological, (C) Chemical, (R) Radiation, etc..).
3. Assess and calculate the risk of each hazard based on severity, probability, and document impact.
4. For each risky Hazard related to a process step, define and document the Critical Control Points (CCP) that you would like to setup to eliminate the risk or reduce its impact. You will also be able to define critical limits and document the corrective actions that can be taken if critical limits are exceeded for a CCP.
5. Link your HACCP Plan elements to related items in your Quality System (SOPs, Work Instructions, and much more).
6. Allow your operational team to scan a QR Code in food processing locations to submit measurements and data related to each CCP (example submit Temperature or pH measurements according to a predefined frequency, based on sampling, or for every batch).
7. Your operational team gets automatic guidance on what to do in case a measurement is out of control according to defined Critical Limits, and they can establish and implement a corrective action.
8. Get notified about submissions that are not inline with control limits, and take the processes further by creating a Quality Issue or a CAPA to study the root cause further and prevent reoccurrence. The HACCP App acts as the backbone of your Food Safety Management system, but it also integrates with other QMS and GxP processes to ensure 360 Quality and Compliance coverage.
With HACCP being at the heart of our Food Safety Management System, our solution is powered by many Apps and Processes that implement Quality and GxP best practices, including but not limited to:
– CORRECTIVE & PREVENTIVE ACTION
– QUALITY ISSUES
– NON-CONFORMING MATERIALS
– SUPPLIERS AND MATERIALS
– CUSTOMERS AND PRODUCTS
– CHANGE MANAGEMENT
– RISK ASSESSMENTS
– CALIBRATION AND MAINTENANCE
Implemented on Cloudtheapp’s revolutionary cloud platform, you can configure every detail of your solution without coding or scripting, and even extend it by adding your own processes and business applications. You can land your suppliers on the same platform to implement the best Safety Management solution across the supply chain that feeds your end product. Use built-in analytics to monitor the safety of your products and maximize what you can do with our platform.